What’s Team Prevention you ask? Team Prevention is the wonderful mix of runners, walkers, volunteers, and sponsors that make the Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K one of the “Best Bets for 5Ks” in the Washington, DC metro area. Here are just a few reasons you should get involved today:
- Meet new friends. Whether you are registering as an individual runner, forming a team or joining a team, you are sure to meet other runner/walkers who know the importance of cancer prevention and a healthy lifestyle.
- Run/walk in honor or in memory of a loved one. Raising vital funds and participating in the Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K in honor of or in memory of a loved one is a beautiful tribute that will help ensure that others won’t have to fight this terrible disease.
- Form a 5K team. Form a team of family members, friends or co-workers or a combination of all three. Being a member of a team helps keep you motivated and it’s a great feeling to know that, as a team, you are working toward a cancer-free future.
- Volunteer. Not up for a 5K? Become a Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K volunteer. Without the help of our volunteers, we couldn’t have a 5K so your contribution is important and valued. Suzi Kindregan, our 5K Volunteer Coordinator, is eager to hear from you! Contact her at 703-837-3689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsor the 5K. Whether you are registering for the 5K or not, your business or corporation can help underwrite the event. A wide range of sponsorship options are available so whether you are at a Fortune 500 company or a mom-and- pop shop, you can make a difference. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact me at 703-519-2103 or email@example.com.
- Get in Shape. Are you a couch potato who’s ready to get off the couch and into a healthy lifestyle? The Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K can help. Preparation for the 5K can be your first step to a healthier you.
- It’s the right thing to do. For the past 25 years, the Prevent Cancer Foundation has been a leader in cancer prevention and early detection research, education and community outreach for all populations. We have all been touched by cancer. Prevention and early detection is the most effective way to lower not only your cancer risk but that of your family and friends.
There are many more reasons to participate, but the important thing is to get involved. When you register, volunteer or sponsor the 5K, comment on this post and tell us why you did.