March Madness is back! It’s the biggest month for college basketball as 68 teams enter the NCAA tournament in hopes of winning the national title. This year don’t just watch the competition, get involved while supporting a great cause!
How? Simply turn watching the games into a friendly competition and a great fundraiser.
Set Up a Bracket Challenge
- Send out this bracket to your networks to find as many participants as possible. Charge an entry fee to fill out the bracket.
- Buy or get local a business to donate a prize for the winner, like a restaurant or spa gift card or tickets to a game next season.
- Once everyone has filled out their bracket, follow the tournament and the person with the closest bracket to the final results wins the prize. You can then donate the money you raise from the entry fees to the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
Here are some other ideas for making the March Madness finals game a winning fundraiser:
- Host a Cook Off: Challenge your guests to an old fashioned cook off. Each entry pays a fee.
- Craziest Fan: Guests dress up and everyone can purchase vote tickets. Whoever gets the most votes wins.
- Raffle: Create a ticket on which guests predict the winning team and final score. Charge for each raffle ticket and whoever is closest wins a prize.
- Send out this link on party invitations to encourage friends to donate!
Do some good while cheering on your team throughout the tournament. You can help the Prevent Cancer Foundation fund a researcher, provide medical resources to communities in need and advocate for more funds for medical research. Your support is vital in the battle to prevent cancer.
Looking to host an event to raise awareness about cancer prevention and early detection? If you would like more information on hosting a March Madness fundraiser or another type of fundraising event to support the Prevent Cancer Foundation, please contact Jessie.Edington@preventcancer.org.