Financials & Policies
The mission of the Prevent Cancer Foundation® is saving lives across all populations through cancer prevention and early detection. Our vision is to Stop Cancer Before It Starts!®
The Prevent Cancer Foundation® is the only U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization solely dedicated to cancer prevention and early detection.
Since 1985, the Prevent Cancer Foundation® has carried out its mission by focusing its work in four key areas:
- Research. Funding research that helps increase insight into these diseases and allows us to understand how to prevent cancer or detect it early, when successful treatment is more likely.
- Education. Educating people about how they can prevent cancer and detect it early through healthy lifestyle choices, vaccinations and medical screenings.
- Outreach. Reaching out to communities through programs that allow us to fund nationally and act locally.
- Advocacy. Engaging lawmakers and regulators through education and advocacy to promote the enactment of laws and regulations that support cancer research and prevention.
We are committed to providing financial accountability and transparency to our donors, advocates, sponsors and supporters. Our sources of support include:
- Individual giving
- Corporate support
- Special events
- Pharmaceutical support
The Prevent Cancer Foundation® establishes partnerships with those who share our commitment to cancer prevention and early detection, including universities and medical schools, businesses and corporations, and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. By working together, we can Stop Cancer Before It Starts!®
Audited Financial Statements
Financial Statements, June 30, 2017 and 2016 – Download/View
Financial Statements, June 30, 2016 and 2015 – Download/View
Financial Statements, June 30, 2015 and 2014 – Download/View
Financial Statements, June 30, 2013 and 2012 – Download/View
IRS Form 990
IRS Form 990, June 30, 2017 – Download/View
IRS Form 990, June 30, 2016 – Download/View
IRS Form 990, June 30, 2015 – Download/View
IRS Form 990, June 30, 2014 – Download/View
Compensation Statement – Download/View
2017 Annual Report – Download/View or Read Online
2016 Annual Report – Download/View or Read Online
2015 Annual Report – Download/View or Read Online
2014 Annual Report – Download/View
2013 Annual Report – Download / View
2012 Annual Report – Download / View
2011 Annual Report – Download / View
2010 Annual Report – Download / View
2009 Annual Report – Download / View
2008 Annual Report – Download / View
2007 Annual Report – Download / View
2006 Annual Report – Download / View
Corporate Relations Policy
Conflict of Interest Policy
The Prevent Cancer Foundation would like to thank our supporters for helping us carry out our mission through their continuing commitment to our work.
- Novartis, Oncology
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Astellas Pharma Global Development
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- GSK GlaxoSmithKline
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Devereaux Foundation
- ABB, Inc.
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airlines for America
- Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P.
- Allstate Insurance Company
- American Airlines, Inc.
- American Lung Association
- Capital One Bank
- CenterPoint Energy
- Claridad Communications
- Corman Construction, Inc.
- Edison Electric Institute
- EMD Serono
- Emergent BioSoluntions
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Exxon Mobil
- Financial Services Forum
- Fluor Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- Hunton & Williams, LLP
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lung Cancer Alliance
- Millennium-The Takeda Oncology Company
- National Association of Broadcasters
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Rush University Medical Center
- Salt River Project
- Southern Company
- TE Connectivty
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- The Brink’s Company
- The Boeing Company
- Time Warner Cable
- TTR Sotheby’s International Realty
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and Sam’s Club
- Williams & Jensen