We are looking for a skilled writer and self-motivated individual for our Grants Writer. The position reports directly to the Managing Director of Development. The position is primarily responsible for developing, writing and submitting grant proposals to corporate and other grant-making organizations. Maintaining grant records in Raiser’s Edge database and reconciling grants with budgets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing and writing grant proposals to corporations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Maintain current records in RE (Raiser’s Edge) database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting (RE experience preferred)
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, final reports and budget reconciliations
- Conduct prospect research and bring new funding sources to fruition
- Assist with other development projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree; plus a minimum of two-three years’ experience writing funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required
- Candidates must possess an ability to work and thrive in a multiple deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000.
The Prevent Cancer Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Email cover letter with salary history and attached resume to Janet.Hudson@preventcancer.org with Subject: Grants Writer.