2018 was filled with new opportunities in cancer prevention and early detection, including new connections with communities across the country (and around the world!).
We wanted to take this opportunity to reflect on some of our highlights from the year. With your generosity, the Prevent Cancer Foundation® was able to provide grants for community cancer screening projects, fund exciting new research in prevention and early detection and continue our educational campaigns.
Here’s some of our top 2018 moments:
- Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ) 2018 took over the Hilton Washington Dulles and raised more than $2.26 million for cancer prevention and early detection from more than 45,000 donors from 76 countries! We can’t thank Games Done Quick enough for their continued support.
- Our 24th Annual Spring Gala brought the sensations of Singapore to Washington, D.C., raising more than $1.7 million—and it was recognized as one of Washington’s Top 100 Events by BizBash!
- We funded 5 new Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) fellows from the United Kingdom, Iran, Australia, Switzerland and Vietnam. They will be learning from top cancer leaders at their host institutions and using what they’ve learned to improve research and care in their home country. Learn more about their work.
- Despite a potential hurricane, the Prevent Cancer Health Fair and 5k Walk/Run showed up in full force at Nationals Park on the beautiful Capitol Waterfront—and we raised more than $200,000 for critical cancer prevention and early detection programs! Check out our photo recap.
- Our Congressional Families Action for Cancer Awareness Awards Luncheon honored Pittsburgh Penguins player Phil Kessel, CBS This Morning co-host Norah O’Donnell and congressional spouses Kasey Crowley (spouse of Rep. Joe Crowley, D-NY) and Helen Green (spouse of Rep. Gene Green, D-TX). Read more about the event.
- More than $1.5 million was raised during No-Shave November this year. We’re so thankful to the Matthew Hill Foundation for choosing the Prevent Cancer Foundation® as a benefitting charity—we couldn’t have such an impact without your support! See some of our favorite hairy highlights.
We look forward to another year of working together to Stop Cancer Before It Starts!®
Want to learn more about what we were up to this year? Check out our 2018 Annual Report.