Searching for an easy and delicious breakfast? Look no further! This recipe is super simple and takes less than three minutes to prepare, perfect for those whirlwind mornings.
Eating a healthy diet is an important part of reducing your risk of cancer—start your day off on the right foot with a nutritious breakfast that will keep you full and focused all morning.
- Rolled oats, steel cut oats or whole oats (not the instant kind)
- A splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Chia seeds
- Milk of your choosing (coconut, almond and soy are all good alternatives to regular milk)
- Truvia (or other sugar substitute) brown sugar blend
- Toppings of your choice (fresh fruit and nuts are always good options!)
- The night before, put your oats in a microwave-safe bowl or container and add water (ratio 4:1). Add a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, cover and soak overnight
- The acidity of the lemon juice or vinegar will help break down phytic acid in the oats, making them more digestible and nutritious!
- In the morning, drain your oats of the water mixture, then return to the bowl or container
- Add approximately a tablespoon of chia seeds
- Add enough milk to achieve a creamy and viscous texture
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for two minutes
- Remove from microwave and add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste
- Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- If you prefer, you can prepare a week’s worth of oatmeal when you do your weekend meal prep. Simply prepare the oats according to direction and pre-cut your fruit, nuts or other toppings for easy access in the mornings.