The Prevent Cancer Foundation (formerly the Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation) is a national, nonprofit organization whose mission is saving lives through cancer prevention and early detection. The Prevent Cancer Foundation receives corporate funding from a diverse group of companies, enabling the Foundation to support research, education, and community outreach and screening programs across the nation to further cancer prevention. The following policy has been approved by the Foundation Board of Directors to help guide and define these relationships, and offer transparency for the public.
- The Prevent Cancer Foundation accepts funding from corporate sponsors for research, educational and community outreach programs and special events. The Prevent Cancer Foundation has ultimate authority over content, procedures and processes.
- Any employee, member of the Board of Directors, board committee member and consultant of the Prevent Cancer Foundation is required to disclose personal or organizational financial relationships with any company or company product mentioned in public remarks.
- The Prevent Cancer Foundation does not endorse any medical product, treatment protocol or service or provide medical advice to patients. In addition, the Prevent Cancer Foundation does not link its Web site to any product specific Web sites.
- Any corporate partner wishing to reference the Prevent Cancer Foundation or any Prevent Cancer Foundation project in public relations, marketing or promotional materials or activities must first seek the prior review and written approval of the Foundation.
- The Prevent Cancer Foundation reserves the right to approve participation of third parties that may be recommended by a partner or funder for involvement in any program, project or event.
- The Prevent Cancer Foundation does not sell or provide its postal mailing or electronic mailing list directly to any corporate sponsor.
- All materials and programs developed by the Prevent Cancer Foundation are the property of the Foundation, must carry the Foundation copyright, and cannot be changed, modified or duplicated without prior written permission from the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- The Foundation discloses all corporate funding in its annual report, which is available to the general public.