Marketing and Communications Manager
Compensation: $42,000-$45,000.00 per year based on experience
The Prevent Cancer Foundation, the only U.S. nonprofit solely devoted to cancer prevention and early detection, seeks an individual that is a thinker and a doer. This position will stretch you to be both. It is best suited for someone who works well under pressure, is a multi-tasker yet is highly aware of deadlines. The successful candidate has a talent for marketing and communications and a passion to save lives through cancer prevention and early detection. The MOST important qualities will be someone who is creative, self-motivated and most of all be able to work independently. This is an absolute MUST!!!!!
Conveniently located near the King Street Metro stop, the Prevent Cancer Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, 401(k) participation, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Experience working in a cancer or health-related nonprofit preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (examples will be requested)
- Superior media relations and outreach skills and experience
- Monitor media monitoring and produce meaningful media metrics reports
- Project Management skills essential
- Coordinate and execute social media initiatives
- Generate brand awareness through direct and indirect marketing strategies
- Identify and promote new marketing and communications initiatives within the Prevent Cancer Foundation
- Technical knowledge: Working knowledge of ALL Microsoft office products, Vocus or Cision media monitoring, WordPress Content Management System.
Email a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Jim Wood, Managing Director, External Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org. Relocation costs are not covered by the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- Leadership & Staff
- Our History
- Financials & Policies
- Employment Opportunities
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more