Managing Director of Development
The Prevent Cancer Foundation, a national nonprofit health foundation, is seeking a Managing Director of Development with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in fundraising through corporate and individual gifts, planned giving, direct mail, special events and online giving. The candidate must have a proven track record of successful cultivation and solicitation of gifts, staff management and motivational experience, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to travel. Salary low $100K. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax (703) 836-4413.
Managing Director of External Affairs
The Prevent Cancer Foundation, a national, nonprofit health foundation, is seeking a Managing Director of External Affairs with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience and a proven track record in the fields of communications, marketing and advocacy, including team management. Experience in health care and/or nonprofit experience a plus.
The Managing Director of External Affairs is responsible for handling all aspects of external communications from strategic planning to coordination and successful execution. This includes, but is not limited to, planning, development, promotion and implementation of all marketing initiatives, communication plans, traditional and digital media outreach, policy and advocacy-related communications and campaigns. The Managing Director of External Affairs will:
- Support Prevent Cancer’s mission and promote its programs;
- Support the Foundation’s brand and create public awareness of the Foundation that enables continued organizational growth and helps attract greater resources and opportunities;
- Develop and create marketing strategies and vehicles for existing products and programs;
- Oversee the Foundation’s policy and advocacy work and ensure that it aligns with the Foundation’s overall goals and objectives.
- Serve as a member of the Foundation’s Management Team that provides strategic direction for the organization and to ensure that staff members are working toward the same goals.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years progressive experience in communications and marketing field, both traditional and digital, including team management.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership qualities, organization, written and oral communications and interpersonal skills essential.
- Must possess proven ability in handling all aspects of a communications/marketing program for strategic planning through execution, be able to juggle multiple tasks, work under tight deadlines and deliver projects on-time and within budget.
Salary range $85,000 – $93,000. Great benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax (703) 836-4413. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Leadership & Staff
- Our History
- Financials & Policies
- Employment Opportunities
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more