The 2015 Cycle is Now– CLOSED
If you would like to receive information on the 2016 cycle, email Pamela.Nwoji@preventcancer.org.
For almost 30 years, the Prevent Cancer Foundation has been funding grants and fellowships. The goal of the Prevent Cancer Foundation’s Research Program is to provide funding for innovative projects expected to lead to future funding from other peer-reviewed sources.
- The relevance to cancer prevention must be convincingly addressed in the application.
- Basic science grants must demonstrate potential for impact on cancer prevention (pre-clinical research is acceptable but must be prevention-oriented and identified as translational).
- Funds will not be awarded to individuals (principal investigators or fellows) who accept direct funding from the tobacco industry.
- Researchers need not be United States citizens. However, research must be conducted primarily in the U.S.
- Studies related to therapy for established or advanced cancer will not be reviewed.
View the 2015 Grant and Fellowship Guidelines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit proposals electronically through proposalCENTRAL, an electronic grant submission system provided by Altum, Inc. in addition to mailing a hard copy.
- Access proposalCENTRAL at: https://proposalcentral.altum.com/.
- After you log in, complete your Professional Profile (second tab from the left) before starting an application.
- To start an application, select the ‘Grant Opportunities’ tab (gray tab furthest to the right). A list of applications will display. Find the Prevent Cancer Foundation program that you wish to apply for and click the ‘Apply Now’ link (second to last column) to ‘create’ your application.
If you have any difficulties registering, logging in, or creating your application, contact proposalCENTRAL Customer Support immediately: phone: 1-800-875-2562 or 703-964-5840, and/or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our FAQs.
- Newly Funded Researchers
- Grants & Fellowships
- Application Information
- Researcher Profiles
- Research Funding Video
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more