Dialogue For Action Conference
The Dialogue for Action™ is an annual national conference that convenes the diversity of stakeholders committed to realizing the lifesaving potential of cancer screening for all communities. In past years, the focus of the Dialogue has been on colorectal cancer screening. In 2013, the Dialogue for Action expanded to include the mandated guidelines-driven cancer screenings so often seen in quality measures (colorectal, cervical and breast cancer screenings) and will also cover issues related to other cancer screenings (prostate, lung and skin, to name a few).
The Dialogue is an interactive event designed to spark discussion and to encourage action throughout the year that will lead to increased cancer screening in communities across the nation. A mix of state-of-the-art presentations and interactive, dynamic “conversations” among participants, the conference provides participants with concrete tools and effective strategies for use in both clinical and public health settings.
- Primary Care Physicians (Internists, Family Physicians)
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Quality Team Members in Hospitals, Insurance Companies, etc.
- Patient Navigators, Care Managers, Case Managers
- Health Services Researchers
- Health Educators
- Staff of Health and Human Services (NIH, CDC, CMS, IHS, AHRQ)
- Staff of State Health Departments
- Staff of Non-Profit Health Organizations
- Third-Party Payers
- Advocates and Survivors
Over 200 professionals from 35 states, the District of Columbia, 6 Tribal and Urban Indian Health Organizations and Japan participated in the Dialogue for Action™ in 2013.
To date, the conference has been held each year in March at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland.
For more information on Dialogue for Action™ click here to visit the national conference website.
- Prevent Cancer Foundation Webcasts
- Conferences & Workshops
- Prevent Cancer Super Colon Exhibit
- Awareness Campaigns
- Cancer Glossary
- Resources & Tools
- National Health Observances
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more