Oral Cancer Prevention & Early Detection
Oral cancer is a preventable disease and, if caught early, a cancer that can be beaten with the right treatment. Here is a list of ways to help prevent oral cancer as well as a list to aid with the early detection of the disease.
Oral Cancer Prevention
- Don’t use tobacco in any form. If you use tobacco, quit.
- Limit alcohol to no more than one drink a day if you’re a woman or two drinks a day if you’re a man.
- Stay out of the sun, especially between 10 am and 4 pm when sunlight is strongest.
- Always use lip balm with SPF 30 or higher.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
Oral Cancer Early Detection
- Have an oral cancer screening by your dentist at your regular check-up.
- Look at your mouth in a mirror once a month. If you see something different, tell your dentist.
- Preventable Cancers
- Reduce Cancer Risk
- Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Personal Stories
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more