Lung Cancer Treatment
Lung cancer treatment depends on the type of cancer (small cell or non-small cell), the size of the tumor and whether or not it has spread.
- Surgery is the usual treatment for disease in its early stages when it has not spread outside the lungs. Sometimes in early stages chemotherapy is used in combination with surgery.
- Radiation and chemotherapy are sometimes used in combination with surgery for later stages of the disease.
- Some patients with stage IV lung cancer (disease that has spread to distant organs) may be treated with oral therapies. These are patients with tumors that show certain genetic changes. Patients should have their tumors tested for these genetic changes.
- New, less invasive surgery may help patients recover more quickly with the same results as older, more invasive surgery.
- Preventable Cancers
- Health and Wellness with Dr. Ann
- Reduce Cancer Risk
- Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Personal Stories
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more