Lung Cancer Prevention & Early Detection
Lung Cancer Prevention
- Don’t smoke. If you smoke, quit.
- Stay away from second-hand smoke.
- Make your home and community smoke-free.
- Check your home for radon. (Qualified contractors can be located through state radon offices, which are listed on the EPA Web site at http://www.epa.gov/radon/whereyoulive.html)
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Some research says being physically active may reduce your risk.
Lung Cancer Early Detection
Early results of a large study on a new way to screen for lung cancer in smokers and former smokers showed that low-dose helical CT scans (often called spiral CT scans) reduced the rate of death from lung cancer. If you’re a smoker or a former smoker, talk with your health care professional to see if screening is a good choice for you.
- Preventable Cancers
- Reduce Cancer Risk
- Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Personal Stories
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more