- Prevent Cancer Foundation - http://preventcancer.org -
Colorectal Cancer Risk Factors
Posted By pcfadmin On August 10, 2011 @ 5:51 pm In | No Comments
- People age 50 and older
- People who smoke
- People who are overweight or obese, especially those who carry fat around their waists
- People who aren’t physically active
- People who drink alcohol in excess, especially men
- People who eat a lot of red meat (such as beef, pork or lamb) or processed meat (such as bacon, sausage, hot dogs or cold cuts)
- People with personal or family histories of colorectal cancer or benign (not cancerous) colorectal polyps
- People with personal histories of inflammatory bowel disease (such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease)
- People with family histories of inherited colorectal cancer or inherited colorectal problems
Article printed from Prevent Cancer Foundation: http://preventcancer.org
URL to article: http://preventcancer.org/prevention/preventable-cancers/colorectal-cancer/colorectal-cancer-risk-factors/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2011 PCF Dev. All rights reserved.