- The Prevent Cancer Foundation hosted its first gala in 1994 with former President George H.W. Bush and First Lady Barbara Bush serving as the honorary co-chairs.
- The 2013 event will be the Foundation’s 19th annual Spring Gala.
- The gala salutes a different country each year. France, Italy, Greece, Brazil, the Netherlands, Spain, Morocco, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Turkey, Peru, India, Monaco and Switzerland have been honored.
- Since 1994, the gala has raised over $19.9 million to support cancer research and screening programs for underserved communities.
- The gala has been profiled in the Washington Post, Washington Life, Washington Times, The Washingtonian, The Georgetowner, The Hill, Biz Bash, The Washington Diplomat, Capitol File and New York Social Diary.
- Past gala sponsors include such companies as Abbott Laboratories, Aetna, Aflac, Allstate, AkinGump, AmerisourceBergen, Amgen, AstraZeneca, AT&T, Bank of America Corporation, Boeing, BIO, BlueCross BlueShield, Boston Scientific, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cardinal Health, Citigroup, Clark & Weinstock, Coca-Cola, Dell, Duke Energy, Eisai, Eli Lilly, EMD Serono, ExxonMobil, FedEx, Genentech, General Dynamics, General Electric, General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Heather Podesta + Partners, Lockheed Martin, Merck, Millennium-The Takeda Oncology Company, Motorola, Mutual of Omaha, New York Life, Nestlé USA, Inc., Novartis, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, PhRMA, Roche, Rockwell, sanofi-aventis, Southern Company, Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, Toyota, TE Connectivity, Tyco International, UPS, Verizon and Wal-Mart.
- Annual Spring Gala
- Prevent Cancer Foundation 5k
- Bad Beat on Cancer
- Host a Fundraiser
For smart healthy living updates, cancer prevention news and more