With a stash of berries in your freezer, you can jump-start your day with this nutritious, tasty smoothie in just minutes. It provides vitamin C, fiber, potassium and soy protein.
Yield: 3 servings, 1 cup each
Total Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice, preferably calcium-fortified
- 1 banana
- 1 1/4 cups frozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat silken tofu or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda Granular (optional)
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu (or yogurt) and sugar (or Splenda), if using, in a blender; cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 157 calories; 2 g fat (0 g saturated fat, 0 g mono unsaturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 430 mg potassium
© 2009 EatingWellInc.com Photo: Ken Burris