Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Roast whole slices of lemon along with the asparagus for a beautiful look and sparkling, bright taste. Great with seafood, especially salmon or scallops.
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss asparagus, lemon slices, oil, oregano, salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, shaking the pan occasionally to toss, until the asparagus is tender-crisp, 13 to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 302 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (42% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat