Yield: 6 servings, about 1/4 cup each
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Think of this dip as an Asian version of hummus, made with edamame, ginger and soy. Serve with rice crackers and/or carrot sticks.
- 8 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Cook edamame according to package directions.
- Puree the cooked edamame, water, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, tahini, garlic, salt and hot sauce in a food processor until smooth. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: 108 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 214 mg sodium; 32 mg potassium
1 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1/2 fat, 1/2 starch