Finely chopped raw broccoli is tender and mild–here it’s tossed with a creamy dressing, meaty chickpeas and sweet bell pepper.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 cup each
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Whisk feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add broccoli, chickpeas and bell pepper; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat, 1 g mono unsaturated fat); 11 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 324 mg potassium
© 2009 EatingWellInc.com Photo: Ken Burris