A touch of curry-infused butter dresses sauteed asparagus. This quick and delicious side dish would be just as welcome with a grilled cheese sandwich as it would with broiled salmon.
4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine butter, curry powder, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the curry butter into the asparagus; toss to coat.
Per serving : 67 Calories; 5 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 5 mg Cholesterol; 6 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 161 mg Sodium; 262 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Check the ingredient label on your brand of curry powder: if it has added salt (as some do), you may omit the salt in the recipe or salt to taste.