Yield: 6 (4-ounce) pops
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes (including freezing time)
To Make Ahead: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: six 4-ounce freezer pop molds (see Tip)
Turn a strawberry-banana smoothie or your favorite blended concoction into freezer pops for a cool treat.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail or pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place strawberries, banana, yogurt, juice and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide among six 4-ounce freezer-pop molds.
- Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Recipe Tips & Notes:
Tip: If you don’t have your freezer pop molds, divide the smoothie among small paper or plastic cups instead. Freeze until very thick, but not completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Insert frozen-treat sticks and continue freezing until completely firm, 4 to 5 hours more.
Per serving: 92 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrate; 8 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value)
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)