Nominate them for a Cancer Prevention Laurels Award that celebrates leaders in the fight against cancer. The Prevent Cancer Foundation is now accepting nominations for the annual Cancer Prevention Laurels Awards to be presented at the Dialogue for Action™ cancer screening conference in April. Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, January 15, 2016.
The Prevent Cancer Foundation created the Cancer Prevention Laurels in 2003 to recognize and celebrate innovators and leaders in the fight against cancer. The laurel is an ancient Roman symbol of tribute, honor, victory, merit and reward.
Awards will be presented in the following three categories to recognize work in cancer prevention and early detection:
- Cancer Prevention Laurel for National Leadership: Awarded to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary leadership in cancer prevention and early detection at the national level.
- Cancer Prevention Laurel for Advocacy: Awarded to an individual whose personal passion for improving cancer prevention or early detection has resulted in positive change in the public, professional or political arena.
- Cancer Prevention Laurel for Dedication to Community Service: Awarded to an individual who has demonstrated unwavering commitment to enhancing cancer prevention or early detection on the community level.
Multiple nominations are accepted. Here’s how to do it:
- Provide a brief letter for each nomination describing why the nominee should be recognized with a particular award.
- Include a short biographical sketch of the nominee.
- Email your nominations to Lisa Han at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The awards will presented at the 2016 Dialogue for Action™: Progress & Prospects in Cancer Screening & Prevention, which will be held on April 6-8 in Baltimore. The Laurels awards are co-sponsored by the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
For more information about the Laurels awards or the 2016 Dialogue for Action on Cancer Screening, visit www.dialogueforaction.org.