We are looking for a highly skilled, self-motivated individual to be our Development Coordinator. The position reports directly to the Managing Director of Development and works closely with the Development Department. This position regularly represents the Prevent Cancer Foundation at community events.
The position is responsible for coordinating annual giving initiatives to include direct mail, workplace giving, honor/memorial campaigns, and email solicitation, as well as acknowledgments and stewardship to increase donor acquisition, retention and revenue. Candidate must have experience writing appeals and have excellent oral communication.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinates direct mail vendors, also works with outside contractor to draft direct mail and e-appeals, works with the in-house graphic designer on creative and inspiring packages; creating mailing lists from Raiser’s Edge; and coordinating the mailing process with the print house.
- Analyzes response to each campaign and makes recommendations for future campaigns based on results.
- Drafts acknowledgment templates for direct mail, e-appeals, and special campaigns.
- Represents the Foundation at workplace giving events throughout the DC metro region. Works to increase designations to Prevent Cancer Foundation through state, federal and for-profit workplace giving campaigns (CFC and private industry).
- Point of Contact with America’s Charities representatives.
- In coordination with the Database and Development Manager, oversees the maintenance and accuracy of in-house and outsourced direct mail donor files, mail selections and pulls for individual mailings.
- Works with the Database and Development Manager to ensure workplace gifts and matching gifts are properly designated and accounted for.
- Identifies individuals, demographic and interest segments that should be targeted as potential donors and work with the Managing Director of Development to execute customized appeals (e.g., phone calls, letters, cards, visits, etc.) for follow-up.
- BA required; Marketing degree preferred
- 2-3 years fundraising experience.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Online Express preferred.
- Excellent writing and public speaking.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based research skills, and comfortable working with social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), as well as Blackbaud software.
- Some experience managing budgets.
- Proactive, flexible, team player.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
The Prevent Cancer Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Email cover letter and attached resume to Janet Hudson, Managing Director of Development at Janet.Hudson@preventcancer.org with Subject: Development Coordinator.
Conveniently located near the King Street Metro stop, the Prevent Cancer Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, 401(k) participation, paid vacation, sick leave and federal holidays.