Garlicky Green Beans
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
To Make Ahead: Prepare through Step 2 and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
- Add half the green beans to the boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans. Place a kitchen towel on a baking sheet and use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans from the ice water; blot dry with another towel.
- Just before serving, heat oil in a large Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the green beans and stir. Add parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 92 calories; 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 4 g mono unsaturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 148 mg sodium; 186 mg potassium
© 2009 Eating Well Inc. Photo by Ken Burris